Friday, June 17, 2005

Taco's "Automatic Music Genre Classification System for Jazz Style"

I read Taco's report on "Automatic Music Genre Classification System for Jazz Style" this morning, and I'm greatly moved by his work. Although the technical writing is not mature, and yet no implementation has been done, he's really being stepping into the domain in which, from the passage, I can see he has passion. Through the essay I can see his soul that originally hided in his back gradually reveals.

Something else also came into my mind. Jazz also means so much to me. Well, Jazz HAS ALWAYS meant much to me. It's what I love, and what I need for life. But I've never done anything, even 1% of what Taco has done, to have myself possibly work on what I love to - be it playing Jazz guitar or doing computational Jazz research. Shouldn't I be braver to take what I want? (Isn't it ironic? I can do so many things but what I love to.)

Good Job, Taco! Keep the faith, and thanx.

3 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

從光的blog看到你即將要飛去美國了,希望你一切順心囉。

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Drake said...

http://people.interaction-ivrea.it/c.lee/
我大學同學的網頁,有做過類似的研究:)

 
At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, buddy,

You know, it's you to make me step into this field, begin to think about all these stuffs. It's you who make me believe that as long as one wants, and keeps the faith step by step, one can achieve the goal he never expects for.

So, thank you for what you have done to me. And we all need to keep the faith and lead to the way we like.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home